Lunch & Learn Workshop: The US Boarding School Admissions Process
First 15-20 minutes is for networking Sandwiches & beverages included
Are you considering an education at a US boarding school for your child?
Would you like to learn more about the differences amongst schools as well as the application process? While navigating the school search process can be challenging, finding the right school where your child will succeed can be immensely rewarding. The right fit should be an environment where your child is happy, thriving and able to grow both academically and socially.
Carole Bird and Gerry Chu of Apply Ivy will discuss the different qualities of boarding schools in the US and how fit is important for each child.
They will also discuss the steps in the application process and what you can do to prepare and plan ahead.
The talk will focus on:
- An overview of US boarding schools
- Differences among boarding schools
- Identifying schools that represent a good fit for your child's academic interests and personality
- Admission criteria for boarding schools
- Key elements of the application process
- Ways to prepare for the process and general timelines
- Case studies of Hong Kong students
Apply Ivy is one of Hong Kong's leading US boarding school and college admissions consulting firms, helping students in Asia gain admission to schools in the US since 2006.
The American Chamber of Commerce in HK 1904 Bank of America Tower 12 Harcourt Road Central, Hong Kong