The U.S. & China have put a trade war on hold after both sides reached an agreement to stop increasing tariffs on each other. But how long will the truce last? While U.S. government's attempt to impose restrictions on Chinese investment in sensitive technologies is still ongoing, will that likely force China to scale back its industrial policy?
In this latest edition of our U.S.-China Trade Tension Series, Ambassador Robert Holleyman, a veteran U.S. trade representative & President of Crowell & Moring International, is returning to Hong Kong to share his insights from Washington on the latest U.S.-China trade development and U.S. trade policy moving forward.
- U.S. Department of Treasury's plan to impose investment restrictions on Chinese entities
- Impact of U.S.-North Korea tensions on the U.S.-China relationship
- Impact of upcoming U.S. midterm elections on the U.S.-China relationship
- This is a closed door event; priority is given to members
- Sandwich and beverage will be provided