Hosted by the Infrastructure & Construction Committee Chair Ian Chung and Vice Chair Steven Lewis
Please join us at the Infrastructure & Construction Committee 2019 second half year planning meeting at AmCham from 12:30pm to 13:30pm on August 23.
● Update from the first half year planning meeting;
- Key advocacy topics:
1. How HK can leverage its strengths in Guangdong-HK-Macao Greater Bay Area and Belt & Road markets for further economic growth?
2. Long-term land and housing solution and action is necessary for HK's stability and competitiveness;
3. How can HK's smart city infrastructure be better than peer cities?
● Completed and upcoming events;
● Discussion on potential adjustments of the focuses and events.
- Event planning for the second half of 2019:
1. How to capture the business opportunities among the Greater Bay Area action plans;
2. Interpretation on the Regional Integration of Yangtze River Delta Outline Development Plan;
3. Post-protest discussion: what needs to be done ASAP to maintain HK's future stability and competitiveness from the infrastructure's perspective;
4. Invite one ASEAN countries delegation to AmCham during the Belt and Road Summit to share updates on their local flagship infrastructure development plan, such as the East Economic Corridor of Thailand;
5. US-China trade war and its impact on I&C industry in HK and around the region.
- Delegation and site visits:
1. Greater Bay Study Mission to Zhuhai & Zhongshan or Dongguan;
2. Site visits to Lam Tin-Tseung Kwan O Tunnel and/or Anderson Road Quarry.
We look forward to your participation and continued engagement throughout the year.
Open to AmCham members only. RSVP required on first-come first-served basis.