The COVID-19 pandemic has turned the world economy upside down. Countries across the globe have to shut down business activities and impose travel restriction in order to flatten the curve. The IMF recently projected global growth in 2020 will fall to -3%, the worst economic downturn since the Great Depression. How should countries re-open their economies after the Great Lockdown? Can the world economy bounce back quickly? Are there any bright spots in the economic outlook or this crisis might cause a long lasting structural damage?
Please join a panel of experts as they unpack the current situation and offer their outlook for the future.
Please join us for a Zoom meeting with the following details:
- Webinar details will be sent out 2 days before the event.
- If you are new to Zoom, here are instructions on how to download the software and join a meeting. Please familiarize yourself with the platform beforehand.
- Please log in (your registered email) at 3:45pm, 15 minutes in advance of the session start time. This will allow time to troubleshoot any technical issues and start promptly at 4:00pm.
- Please use the same name you registered with AmCham as your Zoom account.
- Please type in your questions in the "Chat" button at the bottom screen, the moderator will be selecting questions during the Q&A sessions. If you are using the mobile app, please click "Participants" then "Chat."