After weeks of mandatory social distancing, Hong Kongers are beginning to return to their normal routines as more businesses reopen and end temporary work-at-home arrangements. Join the AmCham Law Committee on Monday, 1 June 2020, at 12:00 to 1:00 p.m., for a discussion led by Jennifer Van Dale, Partner and Head of Eversheds Sutherland's Asia employment practice and Hong Kong data privacy practice, on how Hong Kong employment law applies to returning to the workplace. The session will explore topics including current trends of Hong Kong employees returning to the workplace, employers obligations under laws such as the Hong Kong Employment Ordinance, details on support for businesses available through the Hong Kong Employment Support Scheme (ESS), and the future of work and remote working in Hong Kong.
Jennifer Van Dale, a Hong Kong resident for over 25 years, serves as trusted counsel to multinational clients on Hong Kong and Asia-related privacy, cyber security and employment law matters. Jennifer is a member of the Hong Kong Law Society, where she sits on the Employment Law Committee. She frequently consults with governmental advisory bodies and NGOs on diversity issues and labour law.
Please join us for a Zoom meeting with the following details:
- Webinar details will be sending out 2 days before the event.
- If you are new to Zoom, here are instructions on how to download the software and join a meeting. Please familiarize yourself with the platform beforehand.
- Please log in (your registered membership email) at 11:45am, 15 minutes in advance of the session start time. This will allow time to troubleshoot any technical issues and start promptly at 12:00pm.
- Please use the same name you registered with AmCham as your Zoom account.
- Please type in your questions in the "Chat" button at the bottom screen, the moderator will be selecting questions during the Q&A sessions. If you are using the mobile app, please click "Participants" then "Chat."