President Donald Trump is employing harsh anti-China rhetoric as a centerpiece of his campaign. His opponent former Vice-President Joe Biden is also taking a hard line on China to fend off accusations of being too soft on China during the Obama administration. China- bashing on the campaign trail has been a common sideshow in US presidential campaigns since the 1990s. But is has never before been so front and center in the strategy of both candidates. We are witnessing a paradigm shift in US-China relations due to China's increasing international assertiveness, President Trump's trade war with China and the global political and economic consequences of the Covid-19 pandemic. So what does this all add up to for US-China relations after the election is over, and what are the potential differences in the bilateral relationship depending on who ends up in the Oval Office?
What are the changes and continuities in American policy toward China in the Trump administration over the next 4 years or in a Biden administration? As US-China strategic competition intensifies, how can American businesses navigate through this turbulent time? What roles can business stakeholders play to encourage both governments to rebuild trust?
Please join this US Presidential Election Series webinar with two distinguished speakers who are both China experts and US political junkies, Frank Lavin and Jim McGregor as they share their outlook for the future.
Please join us for a Zoom meeting with the following details:
- Webinar details will be sent out one day before the event.
- If you are new to Zoom, here are instructions on how to download the software and join a meeting. Please familiarize yourself with the platform beforehand.
- Please log in (your registered email) at 9:15 am, 15 minutes in advance of the session start time. This will allow time to troubleshoot any technical issues and start promptly at 9:30 am.
- Please use the same name you registered with AmCham as your Zoom account.
- Please type in your questions in the "Chat" button at the bottom screen, the moderator will be selecting questions during the Q&A sessions. If you are using the mobile app, please click "Participants" then "Chat."